Women’s Centre and Services
Our vision is to provide a space dedicated to supporting women, to lead the way to a non-violent, socially just, healthy and diverse society in a world free of oppression. We are overjoyed that this vision has finally come into fruition with the opening of Revelstoke Women’s Centre in February 2023.
The Revelstoke Women’s Centre believes that Women’s disadvantage is systemic, it is embedded in the structural and cultural institutions in our community, including the very services designed to support women. The Revelstoke Women’s Centre believes knowledge, ability, skills, and resiliency are present in all women.
Vision: The Women’s Centre is a beacon for women and those who identify as such, to come together to address the needs of women all ages, locally and globally, in a safe and respectful space. The Women’s Centre will continue to challenge societal narratives, gender-based violence and oppression.
Mission: A Space for Women, By Women. The Revelstoke Women’s Centre provides accessible, safe, secure, and supportive space to meet, to access services, resources, and the support that one requires.
Services, programs, and projects designed, and implemented by women, for women. These will evolve with identified community needs and desires.
- Therapeutic conversations & STV (Stopping the Violence) counselling
- Clinical Counsellor; Women’s Support and Outreach Worker on site daily
- Support navigating government services
- Support in accessing local resources and referrals
- Access to clothing, showers, and healthy refreshments
- Support in job searches, resumes, and applications
- Advocacy and support for social services
- Support for Women who are new to the community
- Support for individuals in the ways that are important for them
- Access to computers, internet, printers, phones and many other resources
- Intentional and therapeutic groups
Collaboration and Partnership
The Centre embraces the ethic of collaboration which values diversity, and inclusion of Women’s experiences, abilities, and desires to participate as full and equal members of the community. For more information regarding community collaboration, partnership, opportunities, volunteering, and potential programming, please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(250) 837-2920 ext. 301
113 2nd St. E, Unit C, Revelstoke BC V0E 2S
Come As You Are – Photo Project
Expressions of Women resisting societal beauty standards
- Who: This project welcomes all expressions of women regardless of assigned sex at birth.
- Where: Revelstoke Women’s Centre. Suite C, 113 Second Street East
- When: Dec 4th and 5th, 2022 with *30min time slots from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. *Time slots includes your 15 min session + prep time for photographers.
- Cost: By donation. Donations will go directly into supporting the Revelstoke Women’s Centre to offer supports to women in the community.
- What to expect: Clients will receive 3 edited, digital photos as part of the project. Clients may choose to work with the photographer to access additional photos at cost to the client.
- How: Registeration closed
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or by call 250-837-2920
Community Connections joins local women photographers to create opportunities for women to express who they are beyond social norms related to gender and beauty through photography.
Some examples of this may be:
- Recreating times when you felt so beautiful and it had nothing to do with how you looked
- Showcasing your bare skin, free of make-up which has hidden your freckles, scars, wrinkles, stretch marks or other beauty marks which you’ve been convinced are flaws
- Wearing the tight dress that shows every curve of your body that social media has convinced you needs “spanx” in order to wear
- Wearing the bikini, you’ve been told doesn’t work for your body type
- Wearing the clothing you feel best in, that has been labelled as “men’s clothing”
- Posing nude, showing curves, rolls, breasts, etc
I want to apologize to all the women
I have called pretty.
Before I’ve called them intelligent or brave.
I am sorry I made it sound as though
Something as simple as what you are born with
Is the most you have to be proud of
When your spirit has crushed mountains
From now on, I will say things like, you are resilient
Or, you are extraordinary.
Not because I don’t think you’re pretty.
But because you are so much more than that
We're here for you! For more information or to speak with someone, please call 250-837-2920, visit the office or e-mail us.
Box 2880, 314 Second St East,
Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Mon to Thurs 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 12:30pm
Suite C 113 2nd St. East
Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Mon to Wed 9am - 4pm
Friday 9am - 12pm
Box 2880, 416 Second St West
Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Food Pick Up
Monday 10am – 1pm
Wednesday 4pm - 6pm
Friday 10am - 12pm
Phone: 250 837 2920
Fax: 250 837 2909
We acknowledge the land, traditions and culture of four nations; The Sinixt, K'tunaxa Secwepemc and Sylix Okanagan .
Sign Up for our Newsletter!