Open December 1 to December 23
Monday to Friday: 10 am – 3 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm
Downstairs at the Royal Canadian Legion
#600 First Street West
We will gratefully accept your donations!
Ways to support and donate to Christmas Hampers
- Cash donations – Food donations
- New unwrapped toys and books
- Sponsor an individual or a family
- Small gifts such as calendars, gloves, socks, towels, notepads and pens
Use the $2 coupons at Coopers, Southside and Pharmasave
For more information contact Patti at 837-2920 ext. 28
Who we are:
Community Connections Food Bank has coordinated food distribution to those who are in need in the community of Revelstoke for the past eleven years. The Food Bank program provides a weekly food distribution which includes bread, milk, vegetables, fruit, the weekly Kids Snack Program, a monthly distribution of food hampers and the Christmas Hamper program during the month of December.
There are children and families in Revelstoke who go hungry and continually deal with food insecurity. Community Connections Food Bank has made a significant difference in their lives by “helping people to help themselves”.
Did you know?
- In 2010 the food bank provided food for 150 adults and 35 children each week.
- During the Christmas season alone, we provided more than 195 hampers.
- Every penny we use to put food into our hamper comes from our community.
- Food Banks do not receive any core Government funding!
How can you support the Christmas Hamper
- Food donation boxes are located at Coopers and Southside
- Add a $2.00 coupon to your grocery purchases at Coopers, Southside and Pharmasave
- Purchase a gift bag of food at Coopers
- Make a charitable donation
- Sponsor a family or senior with gifts and food
- Donate a gift bag to a person in need
- Organize a food drive at your office/school/church/event
- Pick an angel from the Christmas tree at CIBC and buy a gift for a child
Most Needed Items
- Cans of tuna, salmon, ham and other meats
- Pasta sauce and tomatoes
- Chunky Soups
- Meal in a tin (i.e. stew)
- Breakfast cereals
- Fruit juice
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Canned Milk
- Peanut butter/jam
- Baby food and cereal
- Toiletries such as toothpaste, toilet paper, shampoo & soap
- Laundry detergent
- Pet food, dry or canned
Other Ideas for Christmas Hampers
- New unwrapped toys, books and games
- Gift boxes of cookies, tea or coffee, specialty foods
- Calendars, magazines, notepads, pens
- Candles, napkins, kitchen towels
- Gloves, scarves, socks
- Blankets, backpacks, movie bucks
- Gift certificates from any local store